View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Boboquivari\'s trip report

Went to Boboquivari's with the boys Saturday night.

Me, Sucker, Boris, and GiftOfGab plus another couple of my buddies.

Boris and Sucker showed up having had a bottle of wine on the ride up. Nice work.

Before dinner, me and a buddy ordered real martinis. The rest of these clowns drank cosmos.

For appetizers we had grilled asparagus which was very good and bacon-wrapped scallops that were GREAT. The other guys ordered some mussels which they said sucked, but I don't eat that crap, so I dunno. The waitress took it off the bill, though. Sucker wanted crab cakes, but Boris would not allow crab cakes to be ordered at our table.

With the apps we had some wine from the Willamette Valley. It was so-so.

Three of us ordered bone-in filet mignon, which was a great, huge filet. Boris, Sucker, and Gab ordered the porterhouse. That was a lot of meat. The steak was great.

We had mac and cheese, spinach, and yams for sides.

With dinner we drank some Chateauneuf de Pape that was pretty good.

Then for dessert we had lots of dunce caps, little ice-cream cones filled with chocolate mousse.

Me and a buddy had a glass of black muscat. Boris rallied the rest of the troops for an after-dinner Herradura shot.

Then we went to 5 bars where one of us was pulled out of the line at virtually every bar and carded. HAHAHAHHAHHAHA.

Good times. OK. Almost time to start doing some grilling now.