View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: well I didn\'t fold and have another tough decision

I wouldn't fold. First off, it is 6-handed, so raising standards should be appreciably lighter. No reason to fold this here. As for cold-calling or capping, I'd just as soon cap.

1) It's getting capped by the maniac anyway, so you are paying the same and you are getting no new information by seeing if UTG caps.

2) It sort of depends on the opposition, but seeing a TAG cold-call 3 bets immediately makes me suspicious. Capping could mean you have a really good hand, but given the nature of the table, it could be a fairly light cap too, so it doesn't define your hand that much.

In any event, on the turn, I don't think you can fold at all given the huge pot size and the nature of the maniac, UTG could well be isolating him with a worse hand, or even if he has KQ (strangely played on the flop), you have a few outs. It isn't impossible he has something like QJ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] either.

The mitigating factor here is that the maniac is probably three-betting and UTG will often cap, which means you are paying a heck of a lot (24.5:4, or 6:1) to see the river. However, I do think that you can fold the river UI for more than one bet if UTG caps the turn, as he is really unlikely to be putting a move on at that point, so you won't pay more without improvement.

I guess I just call the turn and see if it comes back capped to me or not. By then I'm committed to see the river card due to pot size. Hope this worked out for you.