View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: 4-tabling vs 2-tabling

[ QUOTE ]
(I realize this is completely subjective, but enough of us have probably have experience with both or know others who do or have simply read this forum enough in the past to have a pretty good idea. I am interested in answers for 5/10 6-max and 10/20 6-max especially.)

Not counting rakeback...

What do you estimate the impact of moving from 4-tables to 2-tables or vice-versa is on our BB/100?

For example, lets say a player is a 3BB/100 winner playing 2 tables. What would you expect him to win 4-tabling?

An example the other direction. What would you expect a player who is a 2BB/100 4-tabler to win if he dropped down to 2 tables?

Any other examples, experiences, estimations, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very individually, some players might have problems keeping up with 4 tables and would have a terrible drop in winrate.
But if you feel like it is no problem for you then I would think that you make more $/h playing 4 tables.

I would guess that if you make 3 BB/100 playing two tables you would make a little more than 2 BB/100 playing 4 tables.
And someone making 2 BB/100 on 4 tables would probably make a little less than 3 BB/100 on 2 tables.

Just a guess, I don't have any statistics or anything to back this up with.

Perhaps you should first try 3 tables though. I find 3 tables to be "relaxing" while 4 tables takes a lot of energy playing for me.