Thread: I hate AK!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: I hate AK!!!!!!

Howdy,

For the love of all that is holy with the poker gods, play AKo strongly preflop, unless you are confident of someone having a big pair. You don't play hands on the basis of "I'll bet when I made my hand, and check-call on the come." There is great positive expectation in raising AKo preflop. Of course, the situation depends (if you're in a super satellite, 8 left, and 7 get spots in a larger tournament, and you're second stack, you would possibly fold AKo, especially to the chip leader. You'd have nothing to gain, essentially.) Anyway, In a ring game, AKo is a premium hand, and you should push it hard, until you have clear evidence of AA, KK, etc. (e.g. The tightest rock in the game is raising and reraising). With that being said, when you play it postflop, you just have to know when it's beat. If you flop 8-9-T of spades (and your AK is red), then you should probably check-fold. With that, I will conclude by wishing you the best of luck the next time you look down and are staring eye-to-eye with big slick.

RGS