View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 09:11 PM

Default (Forum)Separating online and live

I didn't know where to post this so move it if it needs to be.

What I would like to discuss is a split of the sections of the forum into online and live play. The two ways of playing the game are so different that I think it warrants them to be discussed separately.

For example I am a low limit(3/6) B&M player. The small stakes section of this forum, which is where I expected to find some great discussion on the the type of game that I play, has in actuality little relavance to small stakes B&M. Much of the discussion is talking of a much tighter game with much better tables. The online small stakes that is so often discussed in that forum is probably equivalent to 15/30 at my local cardroom. Topics such as "A3o Blind steal" are absurd when applied to small stakes B&M.

While there are posts that do discuss live play they are few and far between. I think that the games are so different that for clarity's sake there should be a separate forum for online play and live play, much like the limit and no-limit sections are split up now.

I am a relative newcomer here and don't know if this has already been discussed or if the moderators have even considered this but I thought I would bring it up because it would help me out a lot.

I would like to read your thoughts on this.