View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Any scientologists here?

[ QUOTE ]
It's just as plausible to me that life on Earth was created by volcanoes, nukes, and aliens as it was all made by an invisible man in the sky.

That is, very unplausible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about as plausible as many of Steven Hawkings theories. To be honest, I find many pure atheists just as close minded as fanatic zealots. The truth is we don't know how the earth was made. To claim otherwise is to start a religion yourself. Even if you "think" you are scientific by doing so, you're not.

When it comes to the catholic religion, or any ancient religion, as long as a significant amount of it is based in fact I'm not going to knock the religion as a whole. Humans are notorious for embellishing stories. They are also notorious for screwing up a story told by whispering from ear to ear around a campfire. Now, try handing down a story for thousands of years. Given that, it's amazing how much of the Bible is historically true.

As for the old testament and many of the crazier stories, well you are missing the point. Some religions won't let you eat pork. Some say this was stupid, others say it was very logical back when the didn't have refrigeration. A lot of religion was written simply to change human behavior and it worked.