View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

Well, what I'm thinking is... one thing I'd mine hand histories for is the data I need to make a strategy chart of how a specific player is playing.

Poker Spy already sort of does this in real time with that 20 hand or so window it has.

I find the cards are mucked so fast I can't scribble them down fast enough. So it's ripe for automation.

But it is simply what I'd do by hand if I was fast enough.

I also agree, a statistically valid sample would be very large. But I'm thinking, maybe even just *this* session or the last few.

I was thinking of a grid of a starting hands by position or similar. Just like typical strategy cards.

That having been said. Seems to me that if this software isn't freely distributed, I still feel it's sort of an unfair edge and only a step or two removed from bots.

After all, once you define all the input variables that can be boiled down to make a decision support "dashboard"... the next step is to add lookup tables and decision trees,perhaps externalized to the user much like Wilson's Turbo Texas Hold'em and you've got a user customizable bot.

Wouldn't suprise me if Wilson already has one and simply isn't talking about it. After all, the have the table driven decision interface right? Graft that to the data collection of a tool like Poker Spy, Poker Indicator, Calculatem, etc... and you've got yer bot.

Guess it was optimistic of me to believe that someday I really could become an online pro. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

'course my bankroll is telling me it's a pipe dream anyway.

I've tinkered with poker on and off for a few years. To be honest I don't believe I've ever made back the investment in books, let alone approached a profit.

There was a short time where I was playing Stud in Vegas at 10/20 and under where I was significantly in the black. But it didn't last long.

The online thing seemed to be the answer to a prayer. "Could I do this without having to live in Vegas/LA?"

Guess the JoeAbrams of the world are determined to wreck that idea.