View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 99 against TAG (?)

If he's willing to value bet the one pair despite an overcard, straight, and flush getting there then your check/call on the river is ok. I don't think this fits a 26/15 player though.

Is he likely to try to bluff a river like this? If you think your check can induce a bluff then maybe its worth a try. However, any of the draws you were likely semi bluffing with all hit, so once again I don't think this is the best play.

Why not try bet folding? If villain has a higher PP, which could be likely given the 3 bet preflop then you might just fold him out. It looks like your "semi-bluff" got there after all.

I don't think he is folding the A, but he just smooth called when it hit. Giving free cards with a two flush and possible straight draw on board is incredibly dangerous for him, so I'm guessing he would've raised if it hit him.

If he raises you, then you can give him credit for having made a powerful hand. I don't think you're going to have to worry about someone putting a play on you with this board too often though.

What do others think of the bet/fold line?