View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Flush hand, how are 4th and 5th streets?

Going through today's hands with the calculator.. Seat 5 is an extreme fish who goes up to 5th street with ANY hand, and to the river if he has a pair.

- Should I raise the 4th? As the fish has a random hand, and I have a pair, should I try to isolate right there? Call seems weak.. On the other hand my board looks very weak and the isolation might not be succesful.
- Should I bet the 5th since it was checked to me? I kind of disliked the 3 flush of the other unknown opponent and the fact that one of my deuces became dead. Again too passive? EDIT: Went through the hand again and noticed a memory failure.. I didn't raise the FOURTH STR because there I disliked the fact that one of my deuces become dead..

- Other streets are fine, aren't they?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.88 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.88 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

River - (6.88 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (8.88 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $34 | Rake: $1.5

Seat 5: [ Td Tc 6s Js 2d Jd 7d ] [ two pairs, jacks and tens -- Js,Jd,Td,Tc,7d ]

Hero: [ 8h 2h 6h 2s Qh 5h Jh ] [ a flush, queen high -- Qh,Jh,8h,6h,5h ]