Thread: Shot at da Pot
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Shot at da Pot

Not sure if I posted this hand before, but it's been running around in my head recently after a conversation with a friend, so here it is.

Live 5-5 NL, no max buy. Stacks are extremely deep in some spots; smallest stack is about 1700, with four stacks over 15k. The game is fired up pre-flop and somewhat tough post-flop. A 10k+ stack, 5k stack, and two 2k stacks are making the game and flops are often 3-4 way for $20-50. My image is probably weak-tight.

UTG (loose gambling aggressive, 2k) raises to 20 blind. UTG +1 (his buddy, loose pre-flop and weak post flop, 2k) raises to 50 blind. Next to act makes it 100 after thinking for a few moments (15k+, thinking tricky player). Two deep stacks cold call without much thought. I am in the big blind with $2400 behind and raise to 700 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG, UTG+1, thinking player fold, first two cold-callers think for five seconds each and call. Three to the flop with about 2600 in the pot.

The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check.

Thoughts and further actions to follow.

-Diplomat