View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Where Is This Player\'s Money Going?

Lets start with heads up. What you said is not a reason for why limping would be wrong. If you want to show that someone is wrong, you need some kind of proof. Just saying that 'have you read the forum blah blah ' is not proof. Nothing you have said is anything but qualitative analysis of a quantitative game. You may be correct. You may be incorrect. What you have written is shows neither. As for having position to raise, I think the absolute opposite is true. The larger the pot, the less skill comes into play, the less position matters, you should just call. When the pot is small, that is when position matters the most in limit holdem. You are very confused I think. Making a big pot in limit holdem with position does not make your position worth more, it makes it worth less. A smaller pot means that every decision is more valuable and hence position is at its most valuable in small pots. Again this is not a proof, I will work on something more concrete. But be aware that making a qualitative argument really just isnt enough to make a statement stick.