View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: When to move up limits

I've been wondering the same thing, as I have nearly reached the point at which moving up seems to be the best thing to do. I mean the best thing to do in terms of both furthering my skill and increasing my BR. However, there is quite a difference of opinion in both the print world and the electronic as to what the best indicators are of a readiness to make such a move. What I have found is that there are no clear cut indicators, beyond what your bankroll should look like. Generally speaking, you should move up when you think you are ready, when you are finding yourself to be the best player at any of the tables that you sit at at your level, or at least within the top three. Additionally, you should move up if there really isn't anything to learn where you are at, that is to say, you don't find yourself being confronted with any difficult decisions anymore and it is all straight forward. Remember though, 25NL is the best training ground for the fundamental concepts, and I wouldn't move up until you really are confident that you not only understand them, but can competently apply them. Reference Ed Miller's new book, and Skalansky's books for further direction.