View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Flopping four of a kind...Extracting?

reads: everyone plays as the limits, .02/.04, would indicate. Calling on longshots, bottom pairs, playing A-small, etc. no real "reads".

No hand history as I was on another computer.
Hand: 3 3
preflop, 5 callers to a raised pot, so 10 BBs.
Flop: 6 3 3, rainbow

bet, I raise, fold fold fold call
check, check
check, bet, he folds

with 4 of a kind, can you really do anything else? or should i just be happy with what I won and move along.

Was kind of upset because this was the best hand i ever got online (Though not the best, i had pocket kings in a live game 3 weeks ago and flop was K K A, guy went all in after I called a bet on flop and checked through turn...needless to say he was unpleasantly surprised that his Queen high wasn't good enough to bluff me out of the pot)

I think the poker gods made up for my lack of cash by flopping me an open ended straight flush 5 hands later when i switched computers to post here, which turned into an 8-Q straight flush, WITH callers of many of the bets and raises I could get in (still not an overabundance) on the river : )

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB