View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: 5/10 with 200 BB stacks, 2 pair becomes a pure bluff

the only reason it hink it's questionable that you're representing two pair is that you do have to be a LITTLE worried when the flush draw/straight hits if you have 2 pair... he could have AhKh or QQ even with your small range so i doubt you'd play it like that.

furthermore, you said yourself he is LAG preflop!! and he knows you know that!! so why the small hand range? i think that's very narrow of you - he could easily be raising a JT or a KQ or something like that from the CO. and he knows you know that or even if you put him on a narrow range he must think you give him credit for a wider range given how laggy he's been preflop. that being said, if you had a set or 2 pair the turn ought to scare the hell out of you and you'd probably not bet it as hard as you did and if it didn't scare the hell out of you, maybe it's because you hit your flush.

looking back at the line, i think a flush makes the most sense (the only hand that makes sense) with this line though i do think you might bet slightly less on the river with a flush to leave yourself room to get away if he pushes the river.

the thing is, the reason we raise our flush draws is to disguise them. which means when we don't have them, it's harder to bluff with them.

anyway basically all in all i just don't think you've really sold me on a hand if i'm villain. instacall was a bit rash, it's hard to call w/ AA or KK here but i wouldn't put it past him. furthermore i don't know why your range for him is so small.