View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Where Is This Player\'s Money Going?

I really liked this counter point, but in it you have hero putting all of his money in pre-flop, or waiting to see what happens post flop. I see two flaws in this logic.

1 - The question is ablout limit HL, so if Hero fails to get money in pre-flop, he will never have the oportunty to get it in there. If his opps call all the way down he will still be short the small bet he could have gotten in preflop. So passing on this is losing money on pots he wins, but it does save him on pots he loses. This is why when you have a +EV situation it's best to get as much money in as you can.

2 - You seem to assume that post flop his opponents will pay him off regardless of the flop texture. If hero has AA and declines to raise pre-flop, what fish will call a raise w/ pocket 9's on a board of AKQ? That money will never go in post flop. Most situations where your opp gets overcarded on the flop will limit your wins.

Now if your playing NL and you opponents will call anything, then yes, wait as long as you can before getting your money in, but here the player in question is losing money, and most of it will not go to OP, since he should be playing fewer pots. But on the bright side, it is all staying at the table, so playing well can still get it to him.

I find that if I adjust my game to try to take a specific players money, my results plummet. If I play solid poker it will come to me in time. So I advise not adjusting your play much. You can limp into him ore often, since he rarely raises, but that'd be about it for me. I DO NOT recommend loosening up your game.