Thread: First of Many
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: First of Many

[ QUOTE ]
Second, I have to generally agree with others he saying to just not play the hand, especially if you are running bad or down at the table. Now if you are ahead and have a strong table image this is not the case, this can be a good but not awesome situation. But to play it I would say to complete in this spot. You are then representing a bigger hand and it should be an easy fold for your opponents when you are showing the pair of sevens.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opponents were not paying attention to my table image. They were awesomely bad. I could pair queens on fourth and get called to the river by no pair, no draw, maybe one overcard. Dead serious, it happened a few times during this session.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, to do this you have to know that your opponents will be able to make that move. I think we have all played against that donkey that will call down to the river with a busted draw but managed to pick up a single small pair or something, make sure your not trying to do anything fancy against that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think completing in this spot would be spewing. It's not going to make my opponents more likely to fold; it'll make them more likely to call on the later streets (correctly, given my hand). Against these opponents I would raise with a pair of queens every time, no matter my kicker, just because my hand figures to be so much better than theirs.

I would have completed with this hand if I were the first one in the pot, but not after limpers.