View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Weak River Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to bet and fold to a raise, might as well check-call. Against a passive player, check folding is also an option

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think button pays off here with a worse hand a lot of the time? I think we're getting a call from a clubless ace here some of the time, maybe some worse hands, and we're only getting raised by a hand that's clearly beating us. When we check and this player bets were a pretty big dog so I like a bet/fold first, and then maybe a check/fold as a candidate for a close second.

[/ QUOTE ]

No i dont think there are many worse hands paying of here. I'd rather pay one bet and see a showdown, rather than paying one bet to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP played it correctly. Check call is abysmal.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on now, check call is soooo far from abysmal. I think it's obviously the correct line, but reagrdless of whether or not its best, there is no legitimate argument you can make for it being abysmal. You invest the same 1 bet and ALWAYS see showdown in a decent pot where you have a showdownable hand. You induce bluffs from hands that wouldnt call a bet anyway. You also get bad "value bets" from worse two pairs who figure they have you beat. You also NEVER get bluff raised byu the donk who has red nines and made it to the river and thinks, "hmmm, scary card i'll bluff raise". To me to this seems far superior to the bet/fold line.

Gabe