[ QUOTE ]
3rd Street - (0.63 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8___calls
Hero: XX XX Q___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2___brings-in

[/ QUOTE ]

The call on 3rd tells me that you do not have a pair of split Q's, and no hidden pair of A's or K's, so either you are slow playing trips, have a small pair with the Q kicker or a drawing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few comments about this hand, first a comment about the above. Are you saying that you would think that he didn't have the queen in the hole or his standard opponent wouldn't think that? Doesn't 7csfap advocate limping with a pair of queens in this spot, closing the action and probably not able to drive anyone out? I know I usually limp in with a pair of queens in this situation, depending on my opponents. I like your idea of viewing his hand from the opposing point of view, I'm just checking what your meaning here.

Second, I have to generally agree with others he saying to just not play the hand, especially if you are running bad or down at the table. Now if you are ahead and have a strong table image this is not the case, this can be a good but not awesome situation. But to play it I would say to complete in this spot. You are then representing a bigger hand and it should be an easy fold for your opponents when you are showing the pair of sevens.

Now, to do this you have to know that your opponents will be able to make that move. I think we have all played against that donkey that will call down to the river with a busted draw but managed to pick up a single small pair or something, make sure your not trying to do anything fancy against that guy.

When you pick up that pair of sevens, you are going to either win the pot or find out that you are way behind and if thats the case you have to get out of this hand. A small advantage of playing this way is you have shown your opponents that you will complete without having the pair of queens and you will be more likely to get action from a weak player when you actually have the queens and are raising from early position to shut out other players. This is why I say to only make the move like this while ahead at the table, your opponents will be more likely to fold and if they do not you will show that you are not invincible.

This is how I would play it, if anyone thinks this is poor advice please let me know.