View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: tournament poker detrimental to your cash game?

def. in the same boat there guys, mtts have been solid, while I'm throwing $ away in the 6 max .50-1.00, 1-2 nls, as well as sh limit play. I haven't seen the same trend in cash games that are 'live' though. However my play is limited to a weekly live game with the same group of players, who aren't the toughest group.

Any reading suggestions to look into? Obviously the 'patient' waiting game style many employ in full tournament games/situations just does not cross over well when you consider a high % of situations have considerably less folding equity
MTT players who wish to maintain their style might try full ring nl games, or even 9-10 handed limit hold em games. I like the idea of playing sNgos to build bankroll, but I play primarily on Stars and they have 'too' good of a structure in my opinion and last up to 50% longer than the same event on Party. (Obviously some may prefer the better structure - however I am considering the time constraints.

good thread............. and Congrats to Doyle! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]