View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: You are heads up at the fina WSOP ME table and pondering a deal...

[ QUOTE ]
If I am lucky, Bill would like to appear generous and then I would maybe get a lot more than my equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill Gates is generous in that he gives a huge amount of money each year for charitable purposes. But the situation you're talking about is a business arrangement, so you won't see him give away EV. I'm pretty sure that if you were heads up in a tournament against Bill Gates and were able to strike a deal, you would be receiving less than your tournament equity. (Unless he had somewhere important to go -- then it might be worth it to him to pay a bit extra to get the thing over with quickly. But otherwise, because that amount of money is more significant to you than to him, he would be in the better bargaining position and should be able to do a deal that favours him EV-wise.)

[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky might be risk averse but he is somewhat cocky and would put some value to win the bracelet untainted, e.g. sans deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the deal provides that you continue playing for the bracelet then there would be nothing "tainted" about it.