View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 10:06 AM

Default There\'s always hope

Things are going from bad to worse in America but you would not know this from what the conservative side is claiming all over the media - or here.

But it is a hopeful sign that when conservatives in this forum are starting to have second thoughts about the official line. Check it out. (I have paraphrased everything but I believe that all the descriptions of positions are accurate and honest.)

Environment
OFFICIAL LINE : There is nothing to worry about! Oil is our friend! We should start drilling Alaska, the Statue of Liberty and the White House lawn, if necessary. All the talk about global warming and an energy crisis is coming from pinko tree-hugging liberals.
Wacki : "I don't think so!"

Iraq
OFFICIAL LINE : The war is going great.
Thirteen 2+2 posters : "We don't think so! (Not any more we don't.)"

OFFICIAL LINE : We must not set a time table for leaving.
Felix Nietsche : I don't think so !"

Economics
OFFICIAL LINE : You never had it better, y'all!
Censored : ""I'm starting to worry about the shrinking middle class!" "

Euthanasia
OFFICIAL LINE : Terri Schiavo was a living human being. Removing the tubes was murder. The liberals killed her!
Felix Nietsche : "I don't think so !"

Sex
OFFICIAL LINE : The Church is right! Sex education is a sin. Selling condoms to minors must not be allowed. Abstinence is the way to go!
CHORUS OF A HUNDRED OTHER OTHER TOPICS POSTERS : "We don't think so!"

Liberties
OFFICIAL LINE : The Bush administration is the best guarantor of freedom and individual rights. It's only those damn liberals that wanna encroach, weaken and crush yer liberties!
MMMMMM : "I don't think so!"

..They are human! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]