View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Bankroll building success (and failure) stories anyone?

Well....Hmmmm, I throw my hat into the ring as well...

*April 2004.....Get entered through work into Gutshot/Betfair Classic for the opening of Gutshot Poker Club in London. (£100 buy-in)....After telling the guys at work that I was some hotshot poker player (This consisted of watching Late-Night Poker on the telly for 2 years and that was it...) I download VC poker and practice on the real money tables whilst being staked by my boss...
I finish 22nd out of 169 and get the buzz.....

*I return to the Poker Club on the Beginners night a few weeks later....Enter the £5 PLHE + Rebuy tourney......Do 1 rebuy and 1 add-on......and end up chopping the tourney when HU for £350 as it was 2.45am and I had to be up for work at 6am......(89 players BTW)

*May 2004...Decide to have a go on VC poker for a little bit and start playing at home....Start of with $100 and manage between now and October to get my BR upto $750 approx...Cash out $500...

*Sept 2004 - Discover 2+2.....Bankroll lurking around ~$200

*October 2004....Register on 2+2....

*Novemeber -Read Homers guide to Bankroll building.....and cash out completely from VC....

*December 16th - Start a blog to keep track of things....

*Jan 1st - Start playing pokie semi-seriously...Ie keeping records....purchase Poker-Tracker....Read SSHE and PPLTP (P.Hellmuths)....Start of with $500, having downloaded Interpoker & PokerPlex on Dec 16th. I started with £200, and cashed this back out on Jan 1st to leave my starting BR...

*Continue making progress at 50c/$1 NL....

*Late March/Early April 2005......Go to Florida on a family holiday and purchase Supersystem

*Come back and add 40% to my bankroll in 2 weeks....preety much down to adding another table (3tabling) and applying some SS tactics....

*June - Start with Rakeback on the cryptos......

*June 29th - Have my Poker PC built after lots of deliberation.....(Don't get the two Dell 2001FP's, due to their immense cost in the UK) and get flamed in the Internet forum for doing this.....Ho Hum)....

*Bankroll ~ $$6200ish....

*Renewed aims after first 6 months having already reached my target for the year.....

FWIW....yet to play on Party network/Prima/Pokerstars, but will start adding these skins over the coming weeks once I am up and running....