View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: blind war w/ two great players

[ QUOTE ]
I was on semi-tilt and quit about 5 minutes after this hand. The river call is aweful and I know it and I quit partly because of it. The hand was between schneids and I and dcifrths didn't know I was not playing my A game and this hand isn't very interesting IMO from my point of view. I just played it badly and that's all there is to it.

You know when you're getting beat up and everything is going wrong? You think everyone is putting moves on you. I had tunnel vision vs mike and I paid 200 bucks for it. I had dropped about 70bb at that table before this hand came up and sealed the deal. I quit for the day.

Mike should bet the turn, too. I don't HATE his check, but he really should be betting here IMO. I guess it did throw me for a loop though, cause he doesn't do that very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike talked to me about the hand and didn't mention you're state of mind and i found it interesting that a) he checked the turn and b) you called the river.

the turn check though is what is usually a bet for me like 100% of the time...but the arguments for checking are pretty convincing IF you are putting him to the test by c'ring him correctly on the turn making his decision virtually neutral.

-Barron