View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: AKs vs. a lot of queens

[ QUOTE ]
my bad. i'm on it. hippie stoner potheads are hard to get organized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully soon! Tickets are expensive now. I dont want them to get astronomical! (Keep in mind, one of us is buying for his imaginary girlfriend)

[ QUOTE ]
uhhh... help me out on this? i mean if you're not too busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Techincally speaking, Im a pro poker player. Which translates to "I dont have a job." On top of that, Im on vacation right now. I think I can manage some time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well, here's the thing... (and I notice this a lot)...

Preflop, we have an EP TAG raise, and he calls your 3-bet.

Now, if I say his range is: any two cards, that sounds absurd right? Of course. Because we arent using the inforation we've been given.

It is much better to say his range is: 99-JJ + AQ-AT + KQ (Lets just assume from here on that those are the only hands he can have, though that is clearly wrong)

Well, after he check raises you on the flop, if you dont adjust his range, you are making the same mistake as what is in bold, above.

We have information on a new street, which has to be incorporated into his range. For example, even if AQ and AJ were likely in a ratio of 12:6 = 2:1 (or whatever, I didnt look it up) BEFORE the flop action, it doesnt mean they are AFTER the flop action. Because, AQ is more likely to check raise than flop than AJ.