View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: A6s in the BB. A few decisions requiring input.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have a look at the definition at SSHE. what i am talking about is exactly reversed implied odds. nothing is wrong with a call on the turn (if you pick up a good draw). but the possible necessity to call on the turn makes the call on the flop wrong (reversed implied odds!).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are severely mistaken. I suggest you take your own advice and read about reverse implied odds and backdoor draws yourself. This situation does not have anything to do with reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i took my own advice before i wrote it here. i read through the definition in SSHE and it helped my point. i wouldn't have wrote this without reading the definition.

*edit*
to the backdoor stuff...
an easy example (you know that, but i write it anyway to make my point clear):
say you have 10% chance to win the pot (9:1 odds) and you get 11:1 for a call (flop). after that call you have a 50% chance that your chance to win goes up to 20% and a 50% chance to get it down to 0. on the turn you are faced with another bet, laying you 7:1. if you don't improve you fold, if you do improve you call of course. both calls appear to be correct. but now lets look at the results:
in 100 hands you will lose 1 sb 50 times, lose 3 sb 40 times and win 13 sb 10 times for a total of -40 sb or -0.4 sb per hand!

i am positive that this concept applies here.