Thread: Stuck
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Stuck

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Judging from all your great posts you have a very good understanding of the game and a drive to get better. I'm sure you'll pull through soon.

Do you feel like you're getting outplayed at the big limits? If not I'd say give it a little longer 1-2 tabling before you try to step down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not outplayed exactly. I do feel however like there's one thing in particular that I need to work on, which is varying my tempo some more. I tend to be too much of a momentum player e.g.

raise preflop ... zzz ... bet flop ... zzz ... bet turn ... zzz ... oops he check-raised now I need to think

In other words, I probably need to do more checking, both with and without the lead, and with both good and bad hands.

The thing is this sort of change is going to require an adjustment period, which could be bumpy.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something that i need to work on too. this SS strategy is good for all levels to 30-60 online. But higher up that it seems like everyone knows how to play well postflop, and they immediately peg your style.

if it makes you feel any better, i just hit a 130BB downswing at the party 30-60. I'm gonna take three days off and review some hands, but mostly get drunk.

like really drunk.