View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: How many of you people actually have real jobs?

[ QUOTE ]
I am about to enter my first year of law school, with every intention of spending my life "fighting for the little guy," maybe (probably) for less money than I would make playing poker for a living (this is all speculation -- I've not played as many SNGs as some of you folks play in a month, but I'm pretty bright). But I'll have some substance to my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, good luck w law school.

Second, while you sound full of good intentions, keep in mind that 1) law school is NOT cheap; and 2) the jobs that pay enough to provide a nice living (rent, repmt of loans, etc) are the ones that involve working for big banks and corporations. If you have a method of going to law school cheap/free - more power to you, but it isn't as easy as you might think to "help the little guy" if/when you have a lot of debt and want to live in a large and expensive city or anything like that.

that said, I couldnt be happier w my choice of law school. As far as poker part time - i did it this year (my 3rd - got some modest spending $$ and fun in the process), but i would recommend some legal-related/resume building work (even for free) as well as SNG grinding.