View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: To those familiar with law school/the admissions process...

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think you're both right in a sense. You're point that it is not ALL about the name is probably valid; many people have gone to "lesser" schools and still managed to get excellent jobs. Going to such a school doesn't mean you're doomed to fail. His point, however, is that going to the better schools simply gives you more opportunities. It opens more doors (certainly an interview is an example of a door). So you're right that I can be sucessful going either route, but the top-school-route will make achieving that sucess (much?) easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is really an endorsement for top schools and for what I was saying. You'll have more flexibility later in life. If you go to a lesser school, making top 5 or 10% is still REALLY tough. People go to lesser schools for lots of reasons, and it's not always because they couldn't go elsewhere. Most people who go to law school are pretty smart, so the competition will be intense for the most part. Giving yourself flexibility to finish in the top 25% is really nice.