View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: really really bummed out....help?

I sympathize. Long strings of bubble finishes and minor ITM's are extremely frustrating, especially when if you get knocked out on an unlucky beat.

Three thoughts:

1. It's unavoidable. Every single MTT player, including the best in the world, go through streaks like this. It is the nature of the beast - large fields playing with shallow stacks necessarily means luck plays a major factor in specific results.

2. You've gotten lucky too. Maybe not lately, but at some point. And it is likely that eventually, if not yet, you'll get extremely lucky and get a big cash as a result. My big story: I won back to back allins in 100+8 way before the money with KQ v AK and 99 v AA. Finished 2nd and won 5300. It wasn't all luck, but it wouldn't have been possible without luck. Psychologically, getting a break like that helps you feel better when you get shafted.

3. In every tournament in which you get unlucky (or lucky), you make a significant number of poor decisions. If you blow 500 chips on a bad call, then bust out to someone who wouldn't have had you covered if you had those 500 chips, then luck was not the only factor in your busting. Recognize this by focusing on what you could have done better before you got unlucky.