View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: How many of you people actually have real jobs?

[ QUOTE ]
You people all make me sad. Seriously.

I've never heard so much whining in my life about such great jobs, pretty much all of which guarantee a nice income and pretty much all of which provide you with much more job satisfaction than the vast majority of the world gets sewing shoes together and flipping burgers.

I mean, gimme a break. Would I rather pursue a career in a cutting edge field, around real people, doing important work, or would I rather sit around repeating the same menial task over and over every hour, eight times an hour, devoid of personal contact? hmmm, that's a tough one. Lazy bastards.

And the real problem is that I know just what most of you are like because I knew a lot of people just like you when I was in university. So busy cramming and studying so you could get your stellar marks, so you could get your big jobs, and all the while I was actually enjoying school because I actually liked what I was studying. Maybe it wasn't so smart picking your careers based solely on how much money you were gonna someday make when it turns out you hated it all along. Next life, try doing something that you believe in.

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

*nod*

Very nicely put.

Frankly, I have a real job that doesn't even pay nearly as well as what everyone else here is talking about. I live in one of the most expensive areas in the world to live in and my life is very very very very very very easy. I mean, seriously, I got 'pretend' fired at one point and for about two minutes thought I actually *was* fired but even during those two minutes I realized that I just had too many options at my disposal to actually be worried.

A wiser man than myself once told me that life is really all about getting comfortable and riding it out. Everyone is getting waaaaaaaay too uptight in their thinking.

Yugoslav