View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: 2+2 Stock Trading Competition

[ QUOTE ]
Let's set one of these up and see how the 2+2ers do trading. There is little doubt winning poker and winning trading are positively correlated.

I'd like to see something structured in at least a 4-month timeframe so the buy-the-breakout, sell-the-breakdown types can't just jump in and get lucky. I also want to be able to go short as well as long, with no leverage. No options. Just pure long or short stock.

Who wants to take participate in this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I set it up on Marketwatch.com. Please note I have no experience with the MarketWatch system for setting up this kind of thing. It appears full-featured and ready to go.

The TwoPlusTwo Stock Trading Competition

Here is the structure:

1. 500K starting cash;
2. Long and short stock only-- no options or margin;
3. Start date July 05;
4. End date Sept30 2005;

Here are the details on signing up:

http://game.marketwatch.com/Competit...titionHome.asp

Competition ID (enter):
twoplustwoevent001

Password:
fishyfish

Notes:
Before you get to the competition pages, you need to sign up on MarketWatch. When get past that and you sign up for the event, you will asked to enter your actual name and a screen name. This event is set up so your actual name will never display. For the screen name, be sure to use your 2+2 screen name so your posts here and your portfolio results match "by screen name", for anyone that wants to look you up.

Trading commences July 05 2005 and ends September 30 2005.

After September 30 2005, there can only be one winner.

The winner gets to say without bragging that (s)he's the best stock trader on 2+2.

I am cross-posting this on the Psych forum, where I post alot. Anyone else that frequents other forums with some regularity (Theory would be great) are invited to cross-post a link to this thread so it gets around. Maybe we can get 100 or 200 involved here.

Link them to this post since it has all the info in one place needed for background info, and login/participation.

Good luck to all.