View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Can I possibly be ahead here?

Haven't really been paying attention to the table, just letting some raked hands rack up for the 15x play through so no read but I would have noticed if he had been overly aggressive or fishy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

I think there's a strong case for dropping this on the turn. I have capped preflop so he has to put me on AK, QQ, KK or AA. He is raising with two people left to act too. I think the best I can hope for is splitting the pot with another AK, surely?

I used to be willing to let hands like this go but after making a few crying calls because the pot was laying me such great odds and finding my opponent was betting all the way with middle pair or some trash I don't seem to be able to anymore and I think it's developed into a leak, or am I right to call this down?