View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: QQ - UTG, what\'s my flop play?

Interesting. My random thoughts:

What range of hands did you put him on? I have to think AA or KK is going to re-pop pre-flop. So that leaves QQ-TT, and AK-AQ. (I know weak-tighties will call with KK so that they can fold if an Ace flops, but if that's the case, Merry Christmas to him.)

I have trouble putting him on a draw other than A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and MAYBE A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and with two to the flop this is statistically unlikely. (I've found that if I stop worrying so much about flush draws when I'm heads-up on the flop, life is much easier.) An unsuited AK is possible, and the donk raise is to see whether you are also on big unpaired careds; I've seen this a lot lately. So I think the chances are very good that you are way ahead of JJ/AK or drawing thin against TT or (possibly) a bigger pair.

That said, I don't think you're getting out of this hand without all your chips in the middle. So the question is whether you want his chips in there with yours, or do you try to push him off the hand. If it's the former, shove it here. If you want to push him off his hand without a show down, how about a call here, and pushing the turn? I don't think it would get him to lay down a set, AA or KK, but it might, especially if a club falls. Just a thought.

Sam