View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Low Limit Games in Vegas

Played low limits at Imperial Palance, Excalibur, Flamingo, MGM, Bellagio, Mirage and Rio over 5 days, about 15 hours a day -- yeah, yeah, it was my first trip to Vegas and I wanted to try a little of everything. I am going to post a more detailed post later, but here are some quick thoughts:

IP - big tables, loose games, good comp as stated ($3/hr) and you can get a killer double bacon cheeseburger a the Burger Palace that was great. The drinks come often, and as someone else said, the waitresses were the best we saw ... which I thought was odd because the room is kind of a dumpy room. A couple gorgeous long legged blonde Russians that could bring me drinks all night and day long and I'd be happy. They also have 1/2 NL for your GF.

Flamingo - nothing going for it.

Rio - if you want to play $4/$8, it is fun to play the Rio. My table had me seated facing the cashiers area and all the tourny players came by all the time. For example, right on time (45 minutes late) Hellmuth comes zipping by to sit down for the PL Omaha. Ran into Fossilman and got to say hi and have him sign a $5 chip. I tried not to be a fawning poker fan type, but failed miserably [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Mirage - spreads more games than the others ... played 1-5 Stud against a bunch of old guys that got pissed every time I raised. Also spread 5/10 Omaha8. Liked the room and the atmosphere alot.

MGM - was my favorite room even though I got my ass handed to me by my buddy and others. Really comfortable and good number of 2/4 tables.

Excaliber - dump, but the 1-3 spread limit was really loose and weak.

Bellagio - they told us to be quiet when we were having some fun (not really too loud) so we left. Obviously a beautiful room, but higher limits than I wanted to play and I didn't like that some folks at our table were told to shhhh when were weren't even being loud. Smoking hot Asian gal sat to my right telling everyone who would listen she had read a book about poker on the way over from Hawaii. Just finished chapter 4. She told her story most of time when she was raking in big pots of chips. Turns out she was playing in the Ladies Event on Sunday. She got bumped out after three rounds and I ended up sitting with her again at at $4/$8 table at the Rio ... she was still telling the table she had only gotten to chapter 4 of her book. I just shut up and let her have her fun while she took everyone else's chips, and I tried to avoid her.

Had a great 5 days even though I ran bad all week and took a pretty good beating. I learned and I'll be back. If I go back I will be playing at IP and Mirage and MGM.

NCAces