View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: LOL this guy is too much fun

Well, I certainly don't contest that Europeans choose to (if you will) work to live as opposed to live to work. It is a choice they've made as a society. (though I don't think its necessarily a choice individuals can make... I think there are people living in America who can't realistically make the choice Europeans have... ie, they can't decide to work 35 hours a week, take 6 week vacations and 'enjoy' their lives. I don't doubt that there are many people working 60 hours a week struggling to make ends meet... but this is neither here nor there.)

The guy just cracks me up because he peppers his posts with little bits of concentrated nonsense. He's made some argument in another thread that people have to commute longer in nations that are bigger... yet there is no evidence to support this (and its a completely illogical premise... it doesn't take into accounts any of the real factors which effect commute times)

I have no doubt he can occasionally say something sensible. But those nuggets are sprinkled amongst really bizarre nonsensicall statements.