View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Cheaters never win...

...and I play stupid. I'm new to the game in seat 5 in a nine-handed game and after 10 minutes or so, I noticed that not only is seat 4 (he looks like a Fred) a very loose passive player, I can see the first of his hole cards every hand. Although I'm not straining to have a glimpse, I don't have to give much effort to see one of the cards he plays. Another observation is that if Fred flops top pair, he will not bet with a weak kicker.

I'm dealt 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp with two limpers, Fred is one of them. Fred has an 8. I raise. Button cold-calls. BB and other two call. Five to the flop. Did I mention that I know Fred has an 8? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FLOP: 8 4 2 rainbow

Oh goody, Fred will call me down. Checked to me I bet. Button folds, BB and Fred calls. Three to the turn.

TURN: 2x

BB checks, Fred bets. What the...? I scream to myself, "You DO NOT have 8-2!" I'm thinking now he flopped 8-4 suited and thinks it'll get checked around. I raise my better two pair. BB folds. Fred 3-bets. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I call. Headsup.

RIVER: not a 10

Fred bets, I call. Fred's other card is also an 8.

I move to seat 1 so I can't see his cards anymore.