Thread: Ants
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Ants

When we moved in our new place in Santa Cruz, I noticed a few ants in my bathroom. I squashed them and didn't think much of it, but they kept appearing every day and a few days later there were maybe 15 or 20 visible. Obviously, I was concerned, so Evan and I found the only bottle of anything even remotely chemical that I owned, Resolve carpet cleaner, and spent half an hour or so shooting ants. The stuff proved to be very effective, freezing and drowning all things black and crawly in sight. We hosed tons of the stuff into any small holes in the corners of the walls or countertop that they might be coming from, pretty much drowning them and their now-lifeless offspring into oblivion.

That was like, two weeks ago maybe and though we haven't seen any living ants since, ~two days ago Evan found four ants carcasses on my bathroom floor all clustered within six inches of each other. Not sure what that means. Maybe they are still alive and colonizing deep within the confines of our walls, but the power of the Resolve caused a multi-generational birth defect or disease that makes them collectively die together sporadically. Or collective cellular memory cause flashes of the attrocities of the ant slaughter to overcome them to the point of death when they come into contact with my bathroom surface. I don't know. All I know is that when it comes to killing ants, Resolve kicks ass.

GoT