View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Input requested plus introduction

[ QUOTE ]
tough as in hard to understand? I have been a bit overwhelmed by what I have read so far, just a whole lot to take in. I assume the best way is to read, practice, reread, practice, etc.. so would Theory fall into the same category? Thanks for the replies so far guys

[/ QUOTE ]

another vote for TOP next. I think TOP will make you start understanding a lot of the theory behind the concepts covered in the other books.

rereading SSHE is not a bad idea. I read it cover to cover twice, and now I just pick it up and read a section every now and then. I have skimmed through WLLHE, there doesn't seem to be enough there for me to attempt to steal it out of the gf's purse.

I usually try to pace my studying and playing at about 1 book/5k hands or so.

check out King Yao's new book as well, it's a good read.

hold off on HPFAP until the material in SSHE is second nature. I happened to read HPFAP before SSHE and probably absorbed about 10% of it. You really need to get a feel for the theory behind what he's talking about in that book, as the games that it is geared for are not necessarily applicable to the party .5/1 - 2/4 games, and directly applying the concepts can be a mistake. for example, you will probably be value betting more than inducing bluffs on the river more often I think then HPFAP might advocate.