View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: KK : Bad beat or my failure to protect.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WOuld my play be more appropriate if the turn card came a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're talked about your opponents being "fishy". To try to put them on ranges of hands is quite difficult. To check to them with a nice hand is a bad idea. Get your money from the fish by betting. Don't get involved in fancy play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to disagree with this statement. whether or not to check/raise the turn has to do with the texture of the board as well as your opponents post-flop aggression. If they're fishy/aggro if the turn is a total blank (like a rainbow deuce) I will often check if my opponents are aggressive enough that I feel confident they will bet the turn for me. After all, why get just two BB's from hands that are drawing slim to ours when there's a chance we can extrace two more from them.

I also agree with the quote to vary your play on later streets as it may come in hands when you do have overcards on a flop like this, and it's checked through for you. Varying your play shouldn't bet at teh top of the list in small stakes games, but in obvious situations like this, I will often take a gamble to try and eek outout two BB's from the fish.