View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Is it this simple to prove the bible inaccurate?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is also why the theory of elvolution doesn't rock my belief in God because the Bible says God created man in his own image, but it doesn't say how he did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to read your Bible. Start with Genesis chp. 2 v. 7:

"Then the Lord God took some soil from the ground and formed a man out of it; he breathed life-giving breath into his nostrils and the man began to live". (Good News Bible)

Follow that with Genesis Chp. 2 v. 21-22 (Good News Bible):

"Then the Lord God made the man fall into a deep sleep, and while he was sleeping, he took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the flesh. He formed a woman out of the rib and brought her to him.

-The Lord God.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand how that contradicts what I said. I think you take great liberties with those passages to assume the length of time God took to create man from soil is instantanous by our standards of time.

I think that is why the passage I stated about a day on Earth being LIKE a thousand years in Heaven shows us that our perception of time and the calendar is not necessarily how in applies to God. Now I know that reference in context refers to the after life but I think it is good reason why trying to place God in our time/space constraints is not good reasoning.