View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: 10/20 NL Party: Handling Table Image

I think calling is fine preflop; your image is such that villain is not necessarily giving you credit for a premium hand.

I agree with others, however, that your flop CR to $1k is abysmal. What are you going to do if villain calls your flop raise and the turn bricks? Check-fold? Check-call for all your chips? Lead all-in? (the only semi-decent line of the three, imo, but you probably have about zero folding equity, so it still sucks)

W/ big draws, the goal is to keep the pot small or get all the money in the middle. Since the first option is basically impossible after the preflop action and villain's pot-sized bet on the flop, we might as well get it all-in.

xorbie mentioned the lead, reraise line. I think this is a prefect spot to lead for $250-$350 and then come over the top of villain's reraise, which I'd guess he's going to do about 95% of the time on the flop here (I just pulled that out of my ass, of course, but given hero's holding in the previous hand and his lead for a 3/4-pot pet w/ bottom pair in that situation, I'd be shocked if hero led at this flop and didn't get raised here).

I guess a CR all-in on the flop wouldn't be terrible in this spot, either, b/c hero likely has no folding equity anyway, so he isn't losing that by taking a line that announces he has a big draw.

Hmm, I'm also curious if this is an EV+ spot to get all-in on this flop vs. villain's likely hand range? I'm not the guy to figure it out, but if we give him 99-AA, AKs, AKo, and AQs, is hero a favorite over this hand range in the long run?

Thanks if anyone feels like tackling that one. Oh, and feel free to add to or subtract from the hand range I came up w/, of course.

-neon