View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: mtt on pokerstars

well, if you are going to play this kind of hand from UTG you better put in a 3-5BB raise. You need to represent a huge hand so that little PPs get out of the way and some Ax hands fold and even hands like KQ, KJ thus buying you some outs.

If everyone knows you are LAG player you have problems more often, because people will call more of your raises because they know you are playing marginal hands.

I personally would throw this hand away UTG. It is far to weak, and if you are going to play it, either limp, or put in a REAL raise. Your minraise does nothing but build a pot and begs people to call with the slightest of hands.

You also need to recognize when you are behind. When you get check raised on that flop you have to seriously question what he could have, ie. 66, 33, 88, 63s, 86s, 86s, AXs.

You look like you are way behind in this hand from the way he played it. I mean you get check-raised twice. What did you think? He was just kidding. The second check-raise tells you that he has the nuts and you are going to get bitch slapped come the showdown.

You need to realize when you are beat, period. You should have checked the turn after being checkraised on the flop. When the board paired you should have been weary of the FH. You might have been able to get away from this hand if you checked the turn. If he checks the river I would just check and hope that I have the best of it.

Going all in was a huge mistake because he told you twice that you were going to lose and you ignored him.