View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Stay at home dad/poker player..... is it possible?

Thanks to skyrocketing commuting costs, time, and a slashed bonus, I am playing poker in the interim of deciding what to do with my life.

I will probably figure out what I want to do shortly. The poker winnings have given me the option of winging it.

A couple of thoughts:

- Watching a kid isn't the easiest thing to do and you won't be able to play non-stop during the day. It is the best thing though to spend time with your kid, more emotional compensation than anything.

- Alot less stressful than 3 hours on the road everyday though.

- If you have another steady income in the family it is alot easier, although week one has been great, made alot more already than a week at work and less hours and no commute. This is no guarentee of future results though.

My thinking now is taking a few weeks to relax and my thinking now and finding a stress free job. Maybe 25-35 hours/week (& small commute) if I can find someone who is looking for that?

Well it is 4:10PM and haven't not played a hand of poker yet, but it has been a great day. The day is still is young, no work obligations and plenty of rest. Sportscenter in the morning doesn't wear you down too much.