View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: The left\'s need for more taxes -

[ QUOTE ]
No one said he wasn’t I’m just asking about his and Gate’s public comments – are they just hot air or are they prepared to back them up with action?

[/ QUOTE ]

First- he already does by avoiding ways other less scrupulous people hide their taxes.
Second- Obviously they are prepared- ie, when the laws are changed, they will happily pay the additional taxes.

[ QUOTE ]
I’m not the one who brought this up – Buffett and Gates did. This is about their public statements – not tax policy in general.

[/ QUOTE ] No. Their statements are about how the tax policies are unfair and harmful. They are talking about what changes they think will be better for our country.

If someone said, "I think we should send troops to BLANK country to protect the citizens because an armed uprising is a threat to stability in the area and there will be many thousands of innocent people slaughtered..." You might guess people like you would say, "Why don't you fly over there by yourself and stabilize the country?!?"

Which is essentially how they're responding to Gates and Buffet's comments about how they think the tax breaks disproportiately and wrongly favor people like them.