View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Less than 1 BB/hour?

I say 1 bb/hour because that is a very REALISTIC win rate. I say that because I did all those things, choose good games, avoid strong opponents, play at times when the morons are out etc etc etc and after playing THOUSANDS of hours, my win rate in california at 3-6 kill was $7.12 hour. In 4-8 kill it was $9.35 or so. That's both honest and realistic, and it's also true.

Spread limit you might be able to eek out an extra buck or two per hour. But trying to say you'll make $15 or $20 an hour playing 2-5 or even 2-10 is just not realistic. If you keep records long enough and accurately enough (that means actually writing down factual losses and not padding the numbers), you will find your win rate to be a realistic number, not made up stuff.

None of this applies to no-limit. I haven't kept good records on no limit, so I can't say with any accuracy what my win rate is. However, it's likely to be about $10-$15 an hour in an "average" 1-2 blinds game, more in a terrific game, but not a LOT more. REALISM is what counts when you are talking win rates. Anyone with ridiculous win rates that FAR exceed those in books like GTAOT are just fantasies, even WITH today's better than average games. Those people only fool themselves.

al