View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Anger Management

I find I only get really angry when I lose at a limit I KNOW I shouldn't be playing. For example, I was playing 100-200 recently, a limit for which I'm not really rolled for (or psychologically comfortable with). On one hand, I had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB (it was short). UTG raise, folded to me and I call. Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. This guy is very aggro. I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I 4-bet and he calls. Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I 4-bet, he calls. The river comes another 10. I bet, he raises, I call. He has Q-10 and I lose $1800. I broke something. If this was at 30-60, I wouldn't have flinched. The lesson...play at a limit in which you can handle the natural swings of the game. That's not just related to your finances, but your psychological threshold of pain.

Jeff