Thread: Jacks in the BB
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Jacks in the BB

I don't see how calling here can be a real option. What range of hands can you put him on. I would say that without any real read you you have to assume you are dominated here at least 60% of the time (AA-QQ). I would say that another 20% or so your facing two overcards, and about 20% your ahead.

It is way to early IMHO to be taking this kind of risk for all your chips. If you fold you are certainly not crippled. There is lots of time.

I would say that your re-raise here is marginal. You re-raise to get an idea where you are, but it doesn't really accomplish that. If he folds, great you've made about T150. Not really that big of a deal in the long run. If he calls, that really doesn't tell you anything. I would say that you still have to put him on the same range of hands as you did when he raised (especially at the 11s). If he raises you still don't know where you are (obviously since you are asking this question.)

I will say that I play at Stars so the read may be differant at other rooms with possibly weaker players, but even then I still fold and look for a better oppurtunity.