View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 09:05 AM

Default PLO8 a \"dead game\"?

I thought the same thing--that their reasoning was that PLO8 was a "dead game". But given its resurgence online, would you agree that PLO8 could (ought to?) be scheduled into the WSOP in the future?

About this "dead game" issue (that pros with the know-how can beat this game too easily)... I wish someone in the know (Ray Zee?) would offer some in-depth explanation of their reasoning. It seems to me that since the game offers substantial opportunities to bluff at sizable pots with success, it retains the poker skill requirement. In addition, in online games at least (which may be a poor indicator due to their obvious weakness) successful players display a wide range of styles--LAG to very tight. The only defense I've ever heard for the "dead game" issue is that the live games dried up a while back because the weak players were losing everything too quickly. I don't doubt that, but I wonder if the better players were then truly just passing chips back and forth without any clear winners.... just doesn't seem believable to me.