View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Is this ever a good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold the flop? If you're one of the "micro-tighties" that folds all his gutshots on the flop unless there's 11SB in the pot when it's your turn then you're making a mistake.

I'd call this flop without even having the back door flush draw. When you factor that in also it's a real no-brainer. If I have a gutshot to the nuts I'll call the flop as long as I think I'll be getting 8/1 when everyone is done betting. If 5 people are seeing the flop then more often than not you will have the odds for your gutshot--unless of course it's raised and is 2 bets to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, i like that- i would like to hear some more opinions too. Im very unimaginative with gutshots, if im not getting at least 9 or 10-1 i fold, is this bad??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're using both of your hole cards and it's a draw to the nuts then yes, it's bad. I'll call getting 10/1 with only a back door flush draw with a back door straight draw. Most people here wouldn't think of doing that though. I love the BDFD's though. You can really sneak up on people with them.