View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Aggressive or just stupid? (MASS RESPONSE)

Ok, after posting my response, I read the rest of the thread. All I can say is, holy crap, when did Micros get so weird?

In the first hand you've got 6 players seeing the flop, thinking that ONE of them isn't holding an ace that he'll ride to showdown is insane, and you have 2nd worst possibile position. Check/fold this flop! Out of the BB in an unraised pot, I might not even raise with TT, since you're not going to fold anybody and on the flop you'll be out of position playing a difficult hand if a broadway falls, but you will inflate the pot to a point where it won't be wrong for a gutshot to cold-call 2 on the flop. If Button had raised, then maybe I 3-bet to isolate, but that's about it.

In the second hand you have a MUCH smaller field and the BEST position, and there is no ace on the flop. You're going to be bet into on this flop by A5s, for instance, and MP2 is going to hang in with 66/77/88. Since a raise on the flop doesn't really protect your hand from QJ, for instance, you might be better off waiting to pop the turn blank, but I don't mind trying to take over on the flop. Unfortunately it looks like UTG actually caught his K, and MP2 is happy to stick around, so at that point I figure I'm drawing to 2 outs (at best, a 9 still kills me to QJ) and it's time to get out.

How did everyone get these so wrong?